Who we are
Australia and New Zealand’s leading direct seller of books & gifts
Books and Gifts Direct is Australia and New Zealand’s largest direct seller of books and gifts. We sell our products from lunchrooms and reception desks in more than 55,000 workplaces around Australia and New Zealand. Workplaces that include schools, childcare centres, office buildings and community centres.
You’ve probably seen our sample boxes quite a few times, over the years.
Books & Gifts Direct has joined two great companies; Lifetime Distributors and Premier Books, which previously operated as the leading display marketing businesses in Australia and New Zealand respectively.
The merger of the two businesses in Australia and New Zealand allows a great opportunity to take advantage of the direct sales network with renewed energy. Ultimately this is very positive for our vendors, as we will be easier to work with, and our customers, who will continue to receive great service and even better value with increased buying power.
In 2010 we celebrated our 20th anniversary, and in early 2014, we changed our name from Lifetime Distributors and Premier Books to Books and Gifts Direct, to more accurately reflect what we do.
Today, we’re proud to have more than 200 franchisees and sub-contractors throughout Australia and New Zealand. Our annual revenues exceed 60 million dollars, and we sell more than 4 million books and gifts per year, including products from Harper Collins, Murdoch Books, Random House, Penguin, DK Publishing, Quarto, Hachette Australia, ABC Books, Village Roadshow and Australian Women’s Weekly.
We are owned by The Quarto Group (LSE: QRT), which is the world's leading international illustrated non-fiction book publisher and distribution group and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
The secret to our success
We attribute our success to 5 key ingredients:
1. First and foremost, we sell a great range of books and gifts. We know the book and gift market inside out, and we handpick all our products. We know what’s out there already, and what’s on its way. We know what’s good and what’s bad. Just as importantly, it’s our passion. The only thing we love more than uncovering new gems, is sharing them with like-minded people.
2. Our books and gifts sell at up to 70% off recommended retail price. As the leading direct seller of books and gifts across Australia and New Zealand, we have strong buying power. And without the overheads of a shop front or an online store, we can afford to pass on significant savings.
3. Our customers can touch, feel and even smell our products, before ordering. All without the hassle of finding a park at the shops or the security worries of using a credit card online.
4. We deliver customer orders to their workplace for free every two weeks.
5. All our products come with a money-back guarantee. If someone decides they don’t like what they bought, after all, all they have to do is tell us, and we’ll give their money back, no questions asked.
Our commitment to community
Having worked directly with local workplaces, and their employees, since 1990, community is at the heart of everything we do.
That’s why we donate a portion of each sale direct to charity. Thanks to the support of our customers, we’ve donated more than $1.8 million dollars to charities throughout Australia and New Zealand.
Want a sample box or a franchise?
Come on, what are you waiting for? Get a sample box in your workplace today! Call +61 2 9899 9655 now to request a sample box for your workplace.
We look forward to hearing from you.